Thursday, October 15, 2009

Teaching Begins

Last week, I began teaching at the "Höhere Bundeslehr- und Forschungsanstalt für Landwirtschaft, Landtechnik und Lebensmitteltechnologie," or in other words, I teach at an agricultural school. Students come from all over Austria and even Germany to study at this school, known as Francisco Josephinum. The students are between 14 and about 19 years old and typically spend 5 years at the school studying agriculture, food technology or agricultural engineering. The school is located in the small town of Wieselburg and is a boarding school since most students aren't from the area.

My job is to assist the six English teachers with their classes. The ask me to teach lessons on various topics ranging from agriculture in Minnesota to the US political system. I have the freedom to choose topics which interest me as well. Last week, I just introduced myself and Minnesota to the classes and this week began discussing agriculture in Minnesota. I basically get the best parts of teaching without having to grade homework and give tests. The school seems to have a great community feel and I am really looking forward to the rest of my time there.

1 comment:

  1. Michael, Wir sind so stolz auf Dich und Deine Fulbright Erfolge! Schön, dass Du ein Blog hast. Schlaf' fei g'sund und bleib' recht kugelrund! Pater

    ReplyDelete